maandag 30 oktober 2017

Development Update #2

So, another week has gone by. Development on Emberheart has continued at a fast pace. The focus of this week was on finishing the Crystal Caves level 1 environment and the Vindovian Swamps environment. I'm pleased to inform you that those levels have indeed been finished and I moved on to the next environments.



Last week, the Crystal Caves level 1 was 70% finished. So I started by finishing that environment first. Here are screenshots of the finished level complete with spawning monsters:




Then I started working on the Vindovian Swamps, which was 30% complete last week. While I was working on the environment, I decided to start recording my process of level designing. (Somewhere this week expect a movie showing off the process behind making the swamp environment!) So here are some screenshots of the finished level complete with spawning monsters:




Then I went back to programming. I decided to finally start working on a more solid map/minimap system. So I implemented a fog of war system. Here is a screenshot of the map with fog of war:



After that I went back to doing some level design. I was thinking of making the Crystal Caves level 2 similar to level 1, but with this one change that makes it look a bit different nonetheless. Lava! I wanted to make the Crystal Caves level 3, which is the boss level, similar to level 2, also with lava. Since the boss level is a small one, this was a perfect opportunity to see how the lava worked out with the rest of the assets and to set the overall mood the levels will have. Here's a screenshot of the boss level with lava:



I also started thinking what kind of unique legendary items I will have in the game and how I will setup their stats. Here is a sheet of the first iteration of designing unique legendary items and what legendary stats they will have:



Finally, I did another iteration on the design of the crafting system. Things are really coming together on this one. But more on this in the next developer update when I have more info to share!

Meanwhile, the great CaroTIllustrations is creating a new loading screen illustration and a new game logo! I will post the final result in the next developer update!

See you on the next developer update! And don't forget to like/follow/subscribe to my facebook page, my twitter and my youtube channel!

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Emberheartgame

Twitter: www.twitter.com/Rebelcampgames

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzchYbiT7Ph7gD_qLiguxHg/videos

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten